Thursday, September 20, 2007

Marchione BBQ Picnic

Thanks to all who came out to my picnic last Saturday. We had a steady stream of visitors throughout the afternoon, with about 70 people in all stopping by for at least a cold water. Grill master Barry Garman served up tasty hot dogs and many families supplied cookies for the event.

Most people came as a family. That was great! One young man decorated his bike with Marchione fliers and balloons and rode through the park.

I enjoyed seeing supporters and I was glad to meet many new people who were curious about my campaign. The issues discussed the most were:
  • my work on protecting streams and enhancing water quality
  • restoring/enhancing salmon runs in Bear Creek
  • setting budget priorities in a way that involves meaningful participation from the public

Thanks again for the thoughtful discussions!

No comments: