Thursday, August 2, 2007

An Exhilarating Week!!!

Dateline – August 2, 2007. Monday started with a visit to Fairwinds on Avondale. Most of the hour long discussion was fun and informative. However, a group from one of my opponents came and started to dominate the questioning. This annoyed the residents, who recognized the group, and had to wait to ask me questions.

On Tuesday, the Municipal League of King County (aka “The Muni League”) issued their candidate ratings for the Redmond races. I am very pleased to receive their highest rating “OUTSTANDING”!

Wednesday brought the Candidate/Issue Forum at Emerald Heights. Many thanks go out to Lori Snodgrass for organizing this event. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. The Mayor portion of the forum was taped and will be played on RCTV Channel 21.

Thursday was the candidate’s forum with the Police Association. I welcome the chance to meet the employees and learn more about their issues. However, I asked them to not endorse me or any other candidate for Mayor. It is not ethical for the Mayor, who is responsible for negotiating contracts with the union, to accept such an endorsement. Then any negotiation settlements are tainted by the endorsement (or lack thereof). It is OK for unions to be politically active, but there should be certain limits.

Friday (I hope) will be a quiet day. I will use Friday night to prepare to go out doorbelling.

No comments: